Intercon R has come and go — along with all the fuss that goes with it! Luckily it was a pretty low-stress Intercon, all told, and I made do with costuming I already had.
So really what I’m saying is I have no excuse for doing no writing or exercise that week 😉
All my games turned out to be successes, too, and it has filled me with floon, especially for theater-style games — there was definitely a moment of “oh right, larping doesn’t have to involve running around in the mud and sleeping in cabins.” I am considering getting back to some of my larp writing projects, and I’ve already asked the author of Bloody Slippers if I can run it at Consequences.
– Took a ~2.5mi walk
– Did Zombies Run 5K Training week 4, workout 3 (no mileage/time because I was an idiot who forgot to stop the run when I was done)
– Did ZR5K week 5, workout 1 (2.86mi in 53:41)
Habitat – March is the month of kitchen tasks!
– Organized cat paperwork
– Cleaned out spice cabinet
– Glued foot back on cutting board
– Attended Intercon R in Warwick, RI
– Played in three games at Intercon: Bloody Slippers, A Winter’s Ball, and Owl’s Hollow
– Met EB for dinner and worked on the train game for ~2 hours
– Visited Revival Brewing Company in Cranston, RI with EB et al and sampled their beers
– Had dinner with Katie and Jerry
– Listened to Stuff You Missed in History Class, “SYMHC Classics: Villisca Ax Murders”, “Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas”
– Listened to Stuff to Blow Your Mind, “Anchor in the Mind”, “Animal Lies: Six Tales of Mimicry and Deceit”, “Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor”, “First Messenger from an Alien Star, ” “Baby Jesus and Homunculus”, “The Great Eyeball War”, parts 1 and 2, “From the Vault: Aphantasia,” “Talos: the Bronze Automaton”
– Listened to The Training Dummies #199
– 44-day personal rejection from Beneath Ceaseless Skies for “Mirrors”